This easy-to-follow book includes terrific tutorials and plenty of exercises and examples that let you learn by doing. It starts by giving you a hands-on orientation to the TI-84 Plus calculator. Then, you’ll start exploring key features while you tackle problems just like the ones you’ll see in your math and science classes.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About this Book
With so many features and functions, the TI-84 Plus graphing calculator can be a little intimidating. But fear not if you have this book in your hand! In it you’ll find terrific tutorials ranging from mastering basic skills to advanced graphing and calculation techniques, along with countless examples and exercises that let you learn by doing.
Using the TI-84 Plus, Second Edition starts by making you comfortable with the screens, buttons, and special vocabulary you’ll use every time you fire up the TI-84 Plus. Then, you’ll master key features and techniques while you tackle problems just like the ones you’ll see in your math and science classes. You’ll even get tips for using the TI-84 Plus on the SAT and ACT math sections!
No advanced knowledge of math or science is required.
- Learn hands-on with real examples and exercises
- Find specific answers fast
- Compliant with all models of the TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus
- Full coverage of the color-screen TI-84 Plus CE and TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition
Christopher Mitchell, PhD. is a research scientist studying distributed systems, the founder of the programming and calculator support site cemetech.net, and the author of Manning’s Programming the TI-83 Plus/ TI-84 Plus.
Table of Contents
- What can your calculator do?
- Get started with your calculator
- Basic graphing
- Variables, matrices, and lists
- Expanding your graphing skills
- Precalculus and your calculator
- Calculus on the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus
- Calculating and plotting statistics
- Working with probability and distributions
- Financial tools
- Turbocharging math with programming
- The TI-84 Plus CE and TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition
- Now what?