The SNAP-PAC-S1-W programmable automation controller (PAC) provides all of the same features as the SNAP-PAC-S1 and adds a wireless LAN interface as well. Compact and industrially hardened, this controller provides powerful, real-time control and communications to meet your industrial control, monitoring, and data acquisition needs. One of the four components of the SNAP PAC System, the SNAP-PAC-S1-W is fully integrated with PAC Project software, SNAP PAC brains, and SNAP I/O modules to form a complete control system. The SNAP PAC System includes digital and analog control, serial string handling, PID loops, and enterprise connectivity. The SNAP-PAC-S1-W includes a wireless LAN interface that supports 802.11a, b, and g network standards. The controller can be used in infrastructure or ad-hoc mode. For security, 802.11i standards are supported, including WPA2-AES as well as WPA and WEP for backwards compatibility. In addition, the PAC includes two independent, 10/100 Mbps wired Ethernet network interfaces. You can use the PAC wirelessly, on a wired network, or both at once. All three interfaces–one wireless and two wired–have separate IP addresses. They can be used to segment the control network from the company network or to provide Ethernet link redundancy in case of link failure or maintenance. You can also set up a system with redundant controllers using two identical S-series controllers, the SNAP PAC Redundancy Option Kit, and PAC Project Professional 9.0. The SNAP-PAC-S1-W also has three serial ports: an RS-232 port with full hardware handshaking, ideal for PPP communication using a modem; another RS-232 port for connecting directly to serial devices; and an RS-485 port for connecting to SNAP PAC Serial brains or to legacy mistic I/O units.
IEC 950: 1991-09, 89/336/EEC, 2002/95/EC, Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement
- Industrial controller runs up to 32 PAC Control flowcharts simultaneously
- Two independent 10/100 Mbps Ethernet network interfaces plus 802.11a, b, or g wireless LAN interface; communicate wirelessly, over a wired network, or both simultaneously
- Two RS-232 serial ports (one with full handshaking for PPP host communications) plus one RS-485 serial port for connection to Opto 22 serial I/O units
- Use two identical models for controller redundancy
- Multiple protocol support: TCP/IP, EtherNet/IP, Modbus/TCP, SNMP, SMTP, FTP and OptoMMP; FTP server/client capability; includes file system and removable storage (2 GB microSD card)