Designed to prepare readers for success in graphic design, the third edition of EXPLORING THE ELEMENTS OF DESIGN has been completely updated to reflect the very latest in graphic design concepts and contemporary design work. With its straightforward approach and dynamic examples, this richly illustrated full-color book offers clear explanations of the fundamental principles, award-winning examples of professional work, and diagrams that clearly show how these principles operate in successful design solutions. Offering a practical and visual introduction to the world of graphic design, this book provides readers with detailed coverage of design concepts, including color, imagery, creative thinking, and visual-problem solving, as well as an overview of the field of graphic design and related career options. In addition, the third edition includes all-new material on digital media, interactive design, and typography to ensure that readers have all the information needed to work in the ever-changing world of graphic design.
- Profiles of contemporary designers and illustrators, with samples from their portfolios, offer personal glimpses into the careers of successful professionals.
- Full-color diagrammatic breakdowns of professional design solutions clearly and visually explain how basic design elements and principles are put to work.
- Clear, concise explanations show how to apply and integrate the design concepts of color theory, drawing, typography, and both 2D and 3D design.
- The material highlights the design principles at work in Web and New Media applications.
- Detailed end-of-chapter projects and review questions.